Estate Planning Services – We explore each client’s goals and counsel clients on the identification of issues and the design of the plan. We also ensure each individual client estate plans is signed correctly signed and, when appropriate, funded. Estate Planning Services, essentially fall into one of the following categories:
- Traditional Planning – Wills, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Power of Attorneys, Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts.
- Modern Planning – Each of the following has unique challenges that require special attention. Single people, unmarried couples, blended families, LGBTQ, and planning for pets.
- Medicaid Planning – Pre-crisis planning pertaining to protection of assets from Nursing Homes and ensure eligibility for Medicaid if needed.
- Asset Protection Planning – We advise clients and help them design strategies to Protect of assets from the Government, Taxes, Lawsuits, and Nursing Homes, divorce, bad business ventures and predators.
- Business Succession Planning – You’ve worked hard to build your business. We can guide you through protection of your business interests and ensure that you have an effective plan in place to continue business if a key person becomes incapacitated or dies. There are number of strategies available and we will work with your CPA or financial advisor to explore tax efficient options to either sell your business and minimize taxes or transfer it to next generation and to preserve their financial security.
- Advanced Tax Planning – With the federal estate tax exclusion at $5.45 million and the elimination of the Tennessee estate states, fewer folks who need assistance with estate taxes than in the past. Still, a small business, significant life insurance policy, along with your home could push you close to the limit. So, it’ such better to ask and be sure than to guess. Advanced strategies are available that will allow you minimize taxes yet allow you to enjoy both control and security.